We’re used to reading about the dangers of sun exposure, but researchers at Sweden’s Karolinska Institute now say that avoiding the sun can be as bad for you as smoking, as the sun has a series of health benefits that you could be missing out on if you stay indoors.
The feature entitled “13 reasons why spending time in the sunshine is good for your health” gives 13 ways in which the sun can be beneficial for health including some surprising insights from scientific research from around the world:
- Easier to wake gradually by teh sun’s light
- Your skin can benefit. Dr Ross Perry gave expert advice:
“In some people sun exposure can improve skin conditions such as acne, eczema and psoriasis. Just be careful not to overdo it and never risk burning.”
- Boosts mood, thanks to serotonin production
- Increases likelihood of conception
- Lower body fat is related to good vitamin D
- Reduces blood pressure (lower risk of heart disease and stroke)
- Lower risk of dementia is related to good vitamin D
- Anti-cancer properties of vitamin D
- Flirting is more likely to be successful on a sunny day!
- Vitamin D is linked to bone health
- Longer life expectancy for active women who spend time in the sun
- Sun eases muscle discomfort and helps relaxation
- Reduced risk of gum disease
It’s good to read about the benefits of a bit of sun, but the dangers of sun exposure should not be forgotten. Dr Ross Perry reminds Mirror readers that very little sun is required to get the health benefits, saying:
“Exposure of arms and legs two or three times a week for 15-20 minutes is enough to produce adequate vitamin D.”
So a good high factor sun protection and sensible exposure practices are still to be used.
Read the full article at https://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/health/13-reasons-spending-time-sunshine-12930217
Private Mole Checks & Removal
The London Mole Removal Centre is a private company which is best known for mole removal. The team of dotors and surgeons offer mole checks and treatment for unwanted moles and other skin lesions (cysts, skin tags, warts, verruca, lipoma etc) at 5 mole removal clinics in London and Bristol.
London Mole Removal Centre also offers:
- Private treatment in comfortable surroundings
- No waiting lists for fast treatment
- Moles can often be removed in the same appointment as the consultation
- Clinics in London and also Bristol
- Removed moles tested with report provided
For more information or to book a consultation, please complete the form on this web page or call 020 7731 3791.