One of the most commonly asked questions for people researching or considering a skin treatment or procedure is the price.
The cost of having something done is an important factor, but not the only one and not the most important either.
Mole Removal Costs
At Cosmedics Skin Clinics, mole removal starts at £295. This is based on removal of a single mole using laser or shave excision techniques.
The fee is higher for ellipse excision as this is a surgical technique requiring stitches.
An additional fee is payable for mole testing (histology), which is recommended for any changing or pigmented moles, to check for any abnormal cells.
In addition, there is a fee for £50 consultation, although this is waived if the treatment is carried out in the same appointment, saving a return visit.
Other providers may charge less, others charge considerably more. But it is important to understand exactly what service you will receive.
Mole Removal Providers
Here are a few things to consider for those choosing a mole removal provider.
- What is the procedure? Some beauty salons offer mole removal with laser, IPL or electrolysis equipment. This is not recommended. The moles will not be sent for testing and the practitioner is unlikely to be medically qualified.
- Who is carrying it out? It is advisable to choose a medically qualified practitioner, who can spot any worrying signs as well as being able to remove the mole safely using appropriate medical techniques.
- How much experience do they have? A person who specialises in mole removal and carries out hundreds of techniques on a regular basis is likely to be more reliable than a person whose expertise lies elsewhere.
- Where is the procedure held? Cosmedics Skin Clinics has a number of mole removal centres – clinics where doctors specialise in the procedure. They are all CQC registered and work to high clinical standards. Be wary of any provider who does not have CQC registration.
- Can I get it free? The NHS may remove a mole free of charge, but this is usually now only in the case of ‘suspicious’ moles, which are deemed to be at risk of being cancerous. If you have concern about a mole, then the NHS is a good route and referral should be quick. See your GP and if they agree, you’ll be referred to a specialist. Sadly, if the mole is deemed to be cosmetic, then private treatment is the way to get it removed.
Private Mole Removal
The London Mole Removal Centre is a private company, offering treatment for unwanted moles and other skin lesions (cysts, skin tags, warts, verruca, lipoma etc).
All treatments are carried out by doctors who are specially trained in the latest laser and skin surgery techniques and are highly experienced in the field.
Further advantages of private treatment at the London Mole Removal Centre include:
- No waiting lists
- Choice of clinics in London and also Bristol
- Removed moles tested with report provided
Mole Removal and Skin Blemishes
The London Mole Removal Centre offers a range of treatments designed for dealing with unwanted moles, cysts, warts, skin tags and other skin blemishes.
All treatments are carried out by skilled and experienced doctors and surgeons.
For more information or to book a consultation, please complete the form on this web page or call 020 7731 3791.