with Dr Ross Perry
Founder London Mole Removal Centre & Cosmedics Skin Clinics
HELLO! Magazine investigated the importance of regularly checking moles in order to identify any worrying changes.
As the feature says:
“We hear a lot about the importance of regular breast and prostate checks. We visit the doctor for smear tests and are called for bowel tests once we hit 50. But while we spend a lot of our lives looking at our skin – how many of us are actively keeping track of our own moles, and being alert to any changes?”
The need for regular mole checking is shown clearly in the statistics:
- Around 7 people a day die from skin cancer in the UK
- 3 people under 25 are diagnosed each day with skin cancer
Yet it is known that for those who are diagnosed with skin cancer, the outcome is related to how early treatment is started – which means spotting skin cancer early before it has the chance to develop and spread.
The article reiterates that it doesn’t matter how you check for moles as long as you do it.
- Thoroughly checking the body, top to toe
- Recording moles for future reference and comparison (e.g. notes or photos)
- Ensuring that the process is repeated regularly – at least once a year
What to Look For?
Dr Ross Perry provided his expert advice on mole tracking and checking. He says:
“A dangerous mole is usually pretty obvious. It will be more dark, more irregular, possibly it will be changing over time.
“But most people would be able to spot the one abnormal-looking mole on a body, so it’s just so important you take the time to check.”
If you have any worrying skin lesions or blemishes, it’s best to see a doctor straightaway, as earliest treatment leads to the best outcomes.
Ross told Hello! Magazine:
“If you’re worried about anything then go to your GP and they can refer you on if something looks concerning.”
For more information see:
- Full article in HelloMagazine.com at: https://www.hellomagazine.com/healthandbeauty/health-and-fitness/2018091562355/skin-cancer-signs-at-home-app/
- Hello: The Skin Cancer Signs You Could Be Missing
Private Mole Checks & Removal
The London Mole Removal Centre is a private company, offering mole checks with their trained and experienced doctors. Clients can choose a standard consultation for specific moles of concern, or else book a full top to toe mole check for peace of mind.
The doctors also offer treatment for unwanted cosmetic moles and other skin lesions (cysts, skin tags, warts, verruca, lipoma etc) at 5 mole removal clinics. All consultations and treatments are carried out in person by doctors who are specially trained in the latest laser and skin surgery techniques and are highly experienced in the field.
Further advantages of private treatment at the London Mole Removal Centre include:
- No waiting lists
- Moles can often be removed in the same appointment as the consultation
- Choice of clinics in London and also Bristol
- Removed moles tested with report provided
For more information or to book a consultation, please complete the form on this web page or call 020 7731 3791.